We encourage your comments on Adventure Awaits and hope you will join in the discussions. We review comments before they are posted and those that are off-topic or clearly promoting a commercial product generally won’t make the cut. We also expect a basic level of civility; disagreements are fine, but mutual respect is a must and profanity or abusive language is out-of-bounds. All blog posts will be open to comment for 60 days and then will be closed.
Please note: This is not the official website of the Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission and this site may not be used for submitting requests for public information. Please visit http://www.parks.wa.gov/contacts/ for agency contact information.
That’s the plain English version. Here it is in legal language:
By posting any comments, posts or submitting other material on Adventure Awaits, you give Washington State Parks the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media.
You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Washington State Parks in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same note more than once or “spam.”
- Use this site to submit a formal request for public records from Washington State Parks.
Washington State Parks reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the blog feature, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify Washington State Parks against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.